The law defines a registered design as the overall appearance of a product – the shape, configuration, pattern or ornamentation which give the product a unique appearance. A valid design must be both new and distinctive.
The design of a product is one of the key features of its success. The safeguarding of such an integral part of your enterprise means your design needs to be registered.
How we can help:
We are experts in protecting industrial designs on a global scale. From novelty searches and assessments, product design registration, to invalidity proceedings across multiple jurisdictions.
- Product design strategy advice and planning
- Novelty searches and detailed result analysis
- Design registration (national and international in over 170 countries)
- Design portfolio administration (e.g. renewals)
- Monitoring of design databases
- Responding to refusals of design applications
- Negotiations – e.g. in case of infringements
- Drafting contracts – e.g. for IP transactions and licensing
- Invalidity proceedings across multiple jurisdictions