A domain name is classified as a distinctive name chosen to identify an internet web page or email address including “.com” or “.net”. Domain names distinguish your goods and services from those of another and also ensure your website is viewed with legitimacy. Your domain name is what makes your brand original and recognisable online.
In order to own the rights to your domain name, you must register it. This registration and administration process can be very complex, especially if you operate in multiple jurisdictions. We have extensive experience assisting clients in managing domain names as part of their branding strategy.
How we can help:
We advise on the availability of domain names, assist with the registration process in all relevant jurisdictions, represent in domain name disputes and manage and safeguard global domain portfolios of any size.
- Domain name strategy advice and planning
- Domain availability searches, background research and detailed result analysis
- Registration of domain names (national and international in 170+ countries)
- Administration and monitoring of domain names
- Domain dispute resolution
- Domain backorders
- Managing third party infringements, including, cybersquatting, passing off and phishing
- Challenging competitor domain names UDRP and auDRP
- Drafting contracts – e.g. for domain transactions and licensing